Sales Specialist (Remote Optional)
WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Basis Technologies' International team is nimble, fueled by curiosity, and grounded in a culture of positivity, accountability, and support team. You will play a part in redefining the future of digital within international markets.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE:
This position is a sales role. You will be primarily responsible for cultivating and growing client relationships and revenue as well as presenting Basis Technologies as a strong partner within your territory, achieving quarterly revenue goals and working collaboratively with internal teams. You will contribute by:
- Establishing and implementing an effective strategy to enable the business to achieve agreed targets in terms of growth and profitability.
- Taking a tech-first approach in helping clients address their business and growth challenges.
- Cultivating and developing high-level client relationships and leverage a highly consultative approach within aligned region.
- Managing and exceeding sales revenue targets
- Developing a strong understanding of Basis’s technology and media solutions.
- Serving as an industry expert in digital advertising; specifically, in programmatic.
- Working collaboratively with cross functional teams, including Basis’ Marketing, and Product teams, to drive revenue growth with new and existing clients.
- Growing platform adoption
- Providing regular updates to management on pipeline and partnerships.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3+ years of experience in digital media.
- Experience in selling online advertising or deep digital media mix knowledge
- Proven success in structuring and closing highly complex media and marketing deals
- Established senior-level relationships at agencies and brands
- Deep knowledge of digital advertising tactics and strategies, including programmatic media
- Knowledge of pricing models, optimization tactics, audience trends, and buying technologies is preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong quantitative aptitude and the ability to communicate complex technical concepts in simple terms
- Driven and goal-oriented with the ability to contribute to a highly collaborative team environment
- Proven track record of growing businesses through partners and direct teams.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- English a must
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The ability to stay highly organized, optimistic, and coachable through quickly changing situations
- CRM experience (Salesforce, Hubspot, Zoho, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.