Sr Frontend Engineer (Remote or on-site)
PLEASE NOTE: This position can be either:
- a 100% remote position for full-time contractors or employees located in Europe (within the time zones UTC to UTC+2). A trip to our office in Switzerland (expenses paid by the company) one week per quarter, to work onsite with the team, is required.
- based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, which is 7km over the border from Italy and easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano. We are also happy to assist with your relocation to this beautiful part of Europe and we have a hybrid remote working policy.
At Cloud Academy we are on a mission to create the leading platform for organizations and individuals to manage their tech talent. The experience starts with educational products and spans much further with features covering skills validation and intelligence, career management, content creation, and more. It is an ambitious goal that requires a lot of innovation and creative ideas.
We develop a unique SaaS platform that helps enterprise companies and individual users build tech skills at scale, leveraging practice skills and a vast content library we curate in-house, but also a very solid software solution to manage training, insights and goals at scale.
We’re looking for a Senior Front-end Engineer to help us take our product to the next level. We move seamlessly from full-stack web development, to mobile, to deployment/scaling. In this position you will work mainly on our front-end for our individual and enterprise-oriented product, making a large impact on the culture of our development team!
You will work alongside a cross-functional team of Backend Engineers, Product Managers, Marketing team members and Product Designers, to create a unified end-to-end customer experience.
As our Sr Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code with good documentation; unit tests for every feature, bug fixing and code reviews
- Communicate with the rest of the company (e.g. sales, marketing, UX, etc) to ensure the functionality you're implementing is what was intended
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team, including mobile developers, designers and product managers, in order to quickly deliver new features
- Work side by side with DevOps, ensuring every piece of software provides useful error messages and logging capabilities
What we’re looking for:
- Basic CSS3 knowledge
- Experience with SPA (single page applications) and SSR (server side rendering) with React (or any other modern JS framework)
- Experience with atomic design strongly preferred
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket)
- Familiar with cloud-oriented technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku, Docker
- Good English level
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a sense of urgency and integrity
Who you are:
- You have an innate interest in education. You’ll be motivated by the idea of being part of a force for bringing tech skills to millions
- You will be hungry to join an exciting Company. You’ll get excited about the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and digging into your work
- You’re humble, collaborative and respectful as a team player
- You positively contribute to Cloud Academy as a team. You’re supportive and see success as team success
- You’re committed to exceeding expectations, boundaries and excellence. You demonstrate passion and you’re willing to go the extra mile
- You take ownership of your deliverables. You take responsibility and you’re proactive in identifying solutions
Why Join Cloud Academy?
- We are an exciting scale-up in the digital training space, and this is a great opportunity to work within a mission driven, lively & diverse team in a fast-paced and high-growth environment.
- Competitive compensation with an annual bonus potential
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development
- Budget for professional development and Learning & Development culture
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year plus 17 paid public holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Hybrid remote working policy including 1 month a year of remote working from anywhere
- Relocation bonus
- Health Insurance Enhanced Family Leave policy (maternity leave / paternity leave)
As a Sr Frontend Engineer you will get:
If you opt for the on-site position you’ll have these additional benefits:
Equality & Diversity
- We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-economic background, neuro-diversity, education, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.