Oyster is on a mission to create a more equal world by making it possible for companies everywhere to hire people anywhere.
In 2021, we have grown rapidly, raising over $70 million in both Series A and Series B rounds and increasing our team size by nearly 10x. And we’re just getting started. As a fully distributed startup, we’ve built an incredibly strong leadership team and employee base across 47 countries (and counting!). We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work. We live on our platform, and we’re passionate about improving our product every day.
Hiring people internationally is complicated – engineering, legal, finance, operations, and HR processes all interact to make it happen. We’d like to find people who think this is as interesting a challenge as we do.
We're an inclusive and diverse workplace, and welcome applicants from marginalized groups – the world over.
Location: All of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever.
The Role 👩💻
At Oyster, we believe everyone should have the best job in the world!
We’re on a mission to make it easier than ever for growing companies to hire brilliant people - wherever they are in the world and we need your help!
Sales Coach & Trainer
At the centre of this role is a world-class Sales & Partnerships team that provides exceptional Oyster Customer Experiences.
To support our fast-growing Sales & Partnerships teams, and ensure they’re successful in their roles, we are looking for a Sales Coach and Trainer to support individual contributors and sales leaders.
In this role, you will be: 📜
- Training, Coaching and Mentoring our Sales & Partnership team members to ensure they are successful in their roles
- An expert in value-selling (SPICED) with a deep understanding of consultative selling mindset, skills, and behaviours
- A coach with the ability to spend 40% of your time coaching the sales team, including BDR, Account Executives, Account Managers and Partnerships team members
- Leveraging the adoption of our performance management and competency framework to map successful competency coaching and training, based on individual needs
- Have a consultative approach to sales and training, with a deep understanding of both the customer buying cycle and the sales cycle
- Able to create engaging Sales programmes, with targeted learning objectives and measurable business outcomes
- Run world-class distributed Sales programmes including content creation, job aids, facilitation, processes adoption, metrics tracking and tool adoption
- Regularly assessing BDR capability through partnering with team leads, shadowing, and business feedback
- Supporting the team through change management when applicable
- Have a deep understanding of sales data
- Have a good understanding of Ideal Customer Profile and Ideal Business Personas
- Enabling managers with the tools, skills and processes they need to practice coaching and Sales performance management
- Working hand in hand with our GTM Onboarding Manager, and Product Enablement Manager providing exceptional employee experience and decreasing ramp time
- Build cross-functional relationships with stakeholders, including Sales, Rev Ops, Partnerships and our Workplace team
- Creating strong feedback loops to collect information and stories to identify opportunities for improvement
- Evaluating the success of coaching plans, and building iterative changes to constantly improve their outcome
- Working collaboratively with your manager to define your success metrics and team KPI’s dashboard
This role requires:
- Ability to navigate ambiguous and fast-changing priorities, inherent to a fast-growing organisation
- A highly motivated self-starter with a can-do and problem-solving attitude
- Ability to analyse, prioritise work, plan and execute
- Incredible listening and questioning skills
- Being a continuous learner to ensure sales best practices
- Highly collaborative approach with the ability to navigate change with agility and align teams around common objectives
- Unafraid to fail with a strong capacity to bounce back and learn from what did not work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Instructional design or Adult Learning certification
- Sales Experience is a must-have
- Sales Training and Sales Coaching experience are a must-have
What's it like to work at Oyster ❤️
Check out our public notion and see for yourself: Welcome to Oyster!
Here are some pages you might be interested in:
Mission, Vision, Values at Oyster
Why Oyster is a Distributed Company
How We Work Together at Oyster
Benefits & Compensation 💸
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully flexible hours
- 40 days of time off including public holidays
Work From Home setup budget (see details at Equipment at Oyster)
Wellness and wellbeing support through PlummHealth and Juno
Private Health Insurance (if you want it)
Time off for volunteering