Senior Technical Writer
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. That means we only need an image of your ID and a selfie to prove that you’re you. In doing so, we help millions of people connect to the services they need and love more easily, speedily and safely than ever before, whether it’s renting a car or opening a bank account. Our vision is to create an open world where identity is the key to access.
We've received over $200 million in funding from world-class tech investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, Salesforce to back our vision. And we're just getting started.
We’re constantly improving and iterating on our developer-facing content.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team that also includes backend and frontend developers, product managers, designers, and a UX researcher. One of the team’s goals is to provide a world-class Developer Experience for Onfido’s customers, and technical writers are central to this.
You’ll be a naturally curious person, and with access to cutting-edge tools you’ll learn from an experienced team. You’ll join us at an exciting time in our journey, as the team expands Onfido’s already industry-leading developer content, explores new ways to respond to our users’ needs, and can find the best ways to work with our product-led rapid release cadence.
We’re looking for someone with the skills to build strong interpersonal relationships with subject matter experts in a fast-paced and progressive environment. You’ll be a strong communicator with a natural enjoyment of teaching, and with very good attention to detail.
As a Technical Writer at Onfido you will:
- Lead on Developer Experience products (technical reference content, guide content, code examples, API client libraries, and more)
- Write and edit varied external content for a technical audience
- Collaborate within the company across all Lines of Business, in order to improve our documentation
- Develop good working relationships with different stakeholders internally
- Contribute to improving Onfido’s overall information architecture
We’re looking for a Technical Writer who has:
- Experience in software technical writing and Developer Experience
- Experience working within a docs-as-code workflow
- Experience working within a cross-functional Agile environment
- Understanding of the importance of clear and accessible content
- Passionate about user experience, with experience working in a user-centric environment
- Experienced with a docs-as-code workflow (we use Git with GitLab and GitHub, and our sites are generated using Gatsby)
- Interest in technology and software development
- Great communication skills
- High standard of written English
- Able to give and receive feedback in a constructive manner
- Experience in a relevant role
- Experience working with an API-based SaaS product
- Demonstrable experience contributing to software projects (e.g. API client libraries)
- Experience contributing to maintenance of a static site (frontend, deployment, etc.)
- Any experience with manual and automated code testing
- Programming or scripting abilities (any modern language)
If you believe you’re a good fit for the role (even if you think you don’t meet all the requirements), we’d like to hear from you!
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
Along with our multi-national team in our London HQ we have offices in EMEA, America and APAC, making Onfido an exciting and culturally enriching place to work.
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Please note: Onfidoers are all working from home for the time being. We also have switched to a virtual recruitment process and all our Newfidos will be onboarding remotely. Stay Safe!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.