Mobile Engineer (React-native)
PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, which is 7km over the border from Italy and easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano. We are also happy to assist with your relocation to this beautiful part of Europe and we have a remote working policy.
At Cloud Academy we are on a mission to create the leading platform for organizations and individuals to manage their tech talent. The experience starts with educational products and spans much further with features covering skills validation and intelligence, career management, content creation, and more. It is an ambitious goal that requires a lot of innovation and creative ideas.
We develop a unique SaaS platform that helps enterprise companies and individual users build tech skills at scale, leveraging practice skills and a vast content library we curate in-house, but also a very solid software solution to manage training, insights and goals at scale. We’re looking for a Mobile Engineer to help us take our product to the next level.
We move seamlessly from full-stack web development, to mobile, to deployment/scaling. In this position you will work mainly on our Mobile Application for our individual and enterprise-oriented product, helping our teams implement new features using React Native and making a large impact on the culture of our development team!
You will be a part of a cross-functional team of Back-End Engineers, Product Managers, marketing team members and Product Designers, to create a unified end-to-end customer experience.
As our Mobile Engineer, you will:
- Deliver a high quality Mobile Application as a part of an agile cross-functional team with experienced Engineers, Product Managers and Designers
- Help teams build new features using React Native as a foundation
- Write clean, testable, and efficient code
- Bring your expertise to technical discussions, propose, challenge or approve technical solutions
- Take an active role across the whole product development lifecycle
What we’re looking for:
- Experience developing customer-facing Mobile Applications
- Proficiency in developing with React Native
- Experience developing with Swift and Kotlin
- High level of proficiency in software design principles and testing methodologies
- Excellent communicator who can simplify complexity to share your work with the whole team
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket)
- Familiar with cloud-oriented technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku, Docker
- Good level of English proficiency, both spoken and written
Who you are:
- You have an innate interest in education. You’ll be motivated by the idea of being part of a force for bringing tech skills to millions.
- You will be hungry to join an exciting Company. You’ll get excited about the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and digging into your workYou’re humble, collaborative and respectful as a team player.
- You positively contribute to Cloud Academy as a team. You’re supportive and see success as team success.
- You’re committed to exceeding expectations, boundaries and excellence. You demonstrate passion and you’re willing to go the extra mile.
- You take ownership of your deliverables. You take responsibility and you’re proactive in identifying solutions.
Why Join Cloud Academy?
- We are an exciting scale-up in the digital training space, and this is a great opportunity to work within a mission driven, lively & diverse team in a fast-paced and high-growth environment. As a Mobile engineer you will get:
- Competitive compensation with an annual bonus potential
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Budget for professional development and Learning & Development culture
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year plus 17 paid public holidays per year
- Remote working policy including 1 month a year of remote working from anywhere
- Relocation bonus
- Health Insurance Enhanced Family Leave policy (maternity leave / paternity leave)
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development!
Equality & Diversity
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-econimic background, neuro-diversity, education, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.