Senior Engineer - Data
Imagine a workplace that allows you to own your own product and where your ideas will be heard and implemented. Imagine an environment where your performance makes a difference, not just within the company itself but for billions of travelers worldwide! That place is TrustYou.
We are looking for travel-lovers, innovators, and genuinely amazing people who can help us in our mission to make guest communication and feedback simpler and more productive.
We are looking for a senior engineer to join us in one of our Big Data Processing teams. Your work will be improving the accommodation choices for millions of travellers that see our data embedded into one of our partners’ websites - be it on Google, HolidayCheck, accor.com or hundreds of other bigger or smaller booking, destination and hotel websites.
Take a look at our StackShare profile if you want to see a list of technologies that we use at TrustYou.
Ready to learn more?
Your Area of Influence:
- Being a member of the Data team, you will be working in a cross-discipline delivery team focused on servicing our many core data products
- Shape the technical direction of our data aggregation, information extraction, visualisation and entity matching systems
- Gather and process raw data at scale using frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka
- Improve existing and add new ways of extracting interesting information from hundreds of gigabytes of data
Our Expectations of You:
- You know how to develop a new product idea from initial exploratory data analysis in Notebooks to a stable, scalable, expandable and well tested data pipeline
- Strong programming and architectural experience, ideally in Python, but we are open to other experience
- You feel comfortable working with legacy systems and evolving them
- Team player who likes to help others and to keep the focus on getting things done
- You are excited to learn about new technologies and to share your knowledge about them with others
What Would Make You a Perfect Fit:
- Strong understanding of big data processing technologies like Apache Spark, MapReduce, Hive, Clickhouse, MongoDB, Postgres
- Experience with Classification, Machine Learning and/or Entity Matching (or at least the willingness to familiarise yourself with it)
- Experience in workflow management systems such as Airflow or Luigi
- Experience with both batch- and streaming based data processing
- Experience with data visualisation, for example in Grafana or Tableau
- Experience building REST-APIs
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Flexible working hours
- Remote-friendly environment
- 1 bonus vacation day to be used for your favorite travel adventure!
- Free access to various learning resources, as well as 96 hours/year to be used for learning & development
- A global team of friendly, highly motivated co-workers.
- English and/or German language lessons
- Other team events and perks based on location
The TrustYou Guest Experience Platform is used by more than 50,000 hotels worldwide to consolidate and analyze guest feedback, as well as provide real-time communication, allowing guests to message the hotel reception while they’re at the hotel. Within one tool, hotels get an overview of all reviews from platforms like Booking.com and Google and are able to improve the hotel experience for their guests. Our semantically analyzed data is also used by big tech companies like Google, Bing, and Hotels.com to serve curated feedback data to billions of worldwide travelers.
TrustYou is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of gender, background, religion, orientation, age, or ability.
If you think this position is not a good fit for you but you still can have an impact on our organization please take a look at our open positions in engineering.
Join us! We look forward to reading your application and getting to know you more.