Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. That means we only need an image of your ID and a selfie to prove that you’re you. In doing so, we help millions of people connect to the services they need and love more easily, speedily and safely than ever before, whether it’s renting a car or opening a bank account. Our vision is to create an open world where identity is the key to access.
We've received over $200 million in funding from world-class tech investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, Salesforce to back our vision. And we're just getting started.
Onfido’s goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoer’s are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together and where neuro diversity is understood.
At Onfido, we work in cross-functional, mission-driven teams who build and ship autonomously. We place huge value on trust and ownership, and believe these are the key elements behind motivated, engaged and high-performing teams.
Engineering leadership at Onfido is twofold:
1. In partnership with a Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for guiding your team to deliver on their mission and figuring out how to make that real - with the best balance of technical excellence, pace, rigour and customer value
2. You’ll be responsible for guiding the growth, wellbeing and performance of a team of engineers
We believe that combining technical leadership and people management allows our engineering leaders to have a tremendous impact, both on your team's growth and Onfido’s long-term success.
What you will do:
- As a Lead Engineer you will spend significant time on defining the problems, setting a vision and building a technical strategy that positions Onfido as a market-leading expert in document fraud detection.
- Use your background in software development to both drive the technical strategy for your team as well as contribute to code, design and architecture day-to-day.
- Build a strong relationship with the product manager and partner with them in setting a strategic roadmap for your team focused on maximizing the impact on the wider company goals.
- Use metrics to understand how your team delivers and operates software, and proactively seek out opportunities for improvement.
- Measure & improve the performance of your team while fostering a culture of psychological safety, feedback and continuous improvement on our agile ways of working and processes.
- Help engineers understand wider context and find opportunities to collaborate, both within and beyond the engineering group.
- Coach engineering team members and set appropriate goals for them in supporting their growth, motivation and performance.
Document Fraud teams develops advanced techniques to protect Onfido's customers from fraudsters attempting to exploit their services. They extensively use machine learning and computer vision to perform various checks on images of government-issued identity documents to verify their genuineness.
The Document Metadata Fraud team builds systems to detect fraud attempts using data points we extract from identity documents. This involves building systems that detect anomalies through historical identity checks, integrating with 3rd party APIs, and creating tooling to empower Onfido's document experts to create advanced validation rules for document data at scale.
Who you are:
We encourage people from all backgrounds, cultures and skill levels to apply. It is okay to not meet all requirements listed as we are looking for individuals who are passionate, eager to learn.
- Experience in software development
- Experience in managing the performance and career development of engineers
- Experience in building strong relationships
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Where you will be
At Onfido, we have a distributed workforce.
For this role, you can work in any EU country where we have a legal entity.
We have a hybrid model, and you can choose to work fully-remote, or come to our offices! We let all of our employees choose what’s best for them.
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options in Onfido, through our equity schemes. Share options have a one year cliff and start vesting after probation over a four year period*
- 25 days annual leave plus a day off for your Birthday.
- Two paid volunteering days per year.*
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance through Alan - Onfido pays 60% of the cost.
- Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*
- 50% commute reimbursement up to €40 per month.
- Generous paid parental leave
- Free mental health coaching provided online.
- Life enrichment allowance of up to €95 per month to use for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare and therapy.
- Dedicated learning opportunities, a team training budget for training and conferences
- Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnFriday); holding quarterly team socials; with our annual company launch week where we all gather from across the globe in London to regroup for the year ahead.
Please note: Onfidoers are all working from home for the time being. We also have switched to a virtual recruitment process and all our Newfidos will be onboarding remotely. Stay Safe!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.