Our Digital Experience team is growing, and we're looking for a Fullstack Engineer to join our global, fully distributed team. In this role, you'll work with a team of Developers and Designers to run the marketing website as an open source project. You'll collaborate across the company to support the architecture and engineering of about.gitlab.com and will report to the Senior Manager of Digital Experience.
What you'll do in this role
- Implement frameworks, code style guides, and templates to empower everyone to contribute.
- Implement site speed improvements and technical SEO.
- Support the architecture and engineering (HTML, CSS, JS, Ruby, Middleman, Haml) of about.gitlab.com.
- Assist in building and maintaining our Content Management System.
- Run the marketing website as an open source project, optimizing for maximum contributions to both code and content.
We're looking for
- 3-5 years experience specializing in full stack development, website and web applications.
- Understanding of responsive design and best practices.
- The ability to iterate quickly and embrace feedback from many perspectives.
- Knowledge of information architecture, interaction design, and user-centered design.
- Knowledge of Git and comfortability using the command line.
- Experience with Jamstack, Ruby, and Middleman (and/or other static site generators).
- Ability to use GitLab.
- Previous experience with Static Site Generators like Middleman, Jekyll, Hugo, etc., preferred.
- Experience working in a fully or partially remote company, preferred.
- A positive outlook on changing priorities, preferred.
- The ability to proactively question and improve priorities, preferred.
- Marketing engineers should be familiar with marketing concepts such as conversion, analytics, A/B testing, lead generation, buyer journeys, and search engine optimization.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator.
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.