Frontend Engineers on the Marketing team work on our marketing site about.GitLab.com. They work closely with product marketing, content marketing, and other members of the Marketing team. They are a part of the Digital Experience team, and report to the Senior Manager, Digital Experience.
What you'll do in this role
- Work with the Inbound Marketing team and other stakeholders (Content, DemandGen, Brand, etc.) to iterate on new features and improvements to GitLab's digital marketing platform.
- Consistently ship small features and improvements to our Slippers design system
- Help improve the overall experience of our Marketing website through improving the quality of the Frontend features.
- Help identify areas of improvements in the code base that help contribute to make it better.
- Help plan sprints and complete prioritized issues from the issue tracker.
We're looking for
- Experience with responsive design and best practices.
- Knowledge of current web accessibility standards and requirements.
- Knowledge of information architecture, interaction design, and user-centered design.
- Strong knowledge in core web and browser concepts (eg. how the browser parses and constructs a web page).
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Experience using design software to collaborate with designers and create pixel perfect web pages (eg. Figma, Sketch).
- Experience with Git in a professional/workplace environment, ideally using the GitLab product as a user or contributor.
- The ability to work in an agile, iterative development process and embrace feedback from many perspectives.
- Proficiency in the English language, with the capacity to communicate complex technical problems, provide clear status updates, and achieve consensus with peers.
Self-motivated and self-managing, with great organizational skills and a positive, solution-oriented mindset.
- An interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values.
- Prefer experience with JAMstack, Ruby, and Middleman (and/or other static site generators).
- Prefer SaaS Product company experience.
- Prefer experience working with a global or otherwise multicultural team.
- Prefer understanding of marketing concepts such as conversion, analytics, A/B testing, lead generation, buyer journeys, and search engine optimization.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator.
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.