The Channel Sales Manager is responsible for sales enablement of their assigned channel, and managing their channel to achieve stated sales targets.
This role will be based in North America but will cover LATAM regions. Fluent Spanish is essential, Portuguese would be an advantage.
The Channel Sales Manager is a grade 8.
- Responsible for the day-to-day relationship management of channel partners
- Act as a liaison between the GitLab and assigned channel partners.
- Build, maintain, and manage relationships with current and prospective channel partners.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Coordinate the involvement of GitLab personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Sell through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Manage direct/channel conflict by fostering excellent communication between the channel and direct teams
- Ensures partner compliance with Channel Partner programs and agreements
- Participate in a partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Identifies partner GTM &/or services offerings; working with partner sales resources, serives, marketing, etc. develop & launch offerings to point of incremental join revenue achievement
- Builds relationships with technology vendors to identify mutual greenfield opportunities with shared partners
- Previous experience of driving channel sales ideally within the same product category and channel.
- Must have experience working with partners extensively in LATAM.
- Experience selling in the Software Development Tools and/or Application Lifecycle Management space via channel partnerships
- Experience managing partner relationships that are based in developing and delivering service offerings tied to vendor product
- Experience selling Open Source Solutions
- 5+ years of experience with B2B sales
- 10 years selling high technology products in assigned territory in a channel model
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with partners and GitLab teams.
- Strong personal network within the industry.
- Driven, highly motivated and results driven.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.