Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian’s Commerce team is currently building a flexible platform that allows the easy launch of new monetization models, integration of new products and services, and of course, providing our customers with a frictionless buying experience.
And we’re looking for a Senior Designer to help us with this.
Where do you come in?
As a Senior Designer in the Commerce team, you'll partner creatively and strategically with a cross-functional team. So, you will work with product managers, marketers, engineers, and other designers; all of whom are trying to help build and improve our customers' experience as they evaluate and purchase Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and others).
You will also be given the freedom to innovate and transform our users' experience—something you will be able to do with ease thanks to your experience in handling of interaction design for complex flows.
In short, you will be joining a talented team that is constantly doing their best to help Atlassian achieve its goal of unleashing the potential in every team.
What will you be able to achieve in this role?
As a Senior Designer in the Commerce team, you will be able to:
- make a strong impact on a critical component of the Atlassian ecosystem—our commerce and purchasing experiences.
- work with your cross-functional engineering and product team members to help untangle potentially gnarly problems and simplify it for the end-user.
- conduct user research to get feedback on your work, use data and testing to improve your design, and also use data as a starting point for trying out new initiatives.
Wondering if you should apply?
We would love for you to apply (and potentially be a part of this team) if you have:
- 7+ years of relevant product design experience under your belt. Ideally for E-commerce, purchasing, or other similarly complex experiences.
- an updated and polished portfolio that demonstrates your strong interaction design skills which also showcase your ability to empathize with your users. This is key.
- experience in following agile product development methodologies as part of a cross-functional triad of engineers, product managers, and designers.
- experience with strategies for integrating user feedback and psychological perspectives into your decision making.
excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work across multiple teams, solicit and synthesize helpful feedback, and facilitate design discussions.
- the ability to balance design thinking, investigation, and budgets—all while meeting deadlines.
The Atlassian design team
Designers at Atlassian are responsible for the complete user experience, from early-stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. We challenge each other constantly and ask hard questions.
One thing you can be assured of is that you will be joining a smart team that is passionate about creating the best user experience possible and is committed to delivering what users need to feel a connection with our products.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub