ABOUT THE ROLE
Data sits at the heart of Revolut and plays a uniquely crucial role in what we do. With data we build intelligent real-time systems to personalise our product, tackle financial crime, automate reporting, track team performances and enhance customer experiences. Fundamentally, data underpins all operations at Revolut and being part of the team gives you the chance to have a major impact across the company – apply today to join our world class data function.
WHAT WE NEED
We are looking for smart and ambitious people who would help us understand our data better and manage a team of data analysts. This is a unique opportunity to learn about many aspects of our business and be involved in the early stages of an innovative new product. Your main weapons will be your team, SQL, dashboards in Looker, and a thorough understanding of our business. You will also be acting as a bridge between product owners and data employees.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Lead a team of data analysts
• Plan the team’s roadmap and ensure successful execution of projects
• Enforce best practices and high quality output within the team
• Create and maintain data models and dashboards in Looker
• Create and maintain new aggregated views and tables to simplify data querying
• Work together with product teams to understand their objectives to then determine the right metrics and find data-driven insights for them
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• Experience in managing a team and their projects
• Experience in creating dashboards and/or reports using SQL
• Data-driven storytelling and visualisation skills with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Metabase, etc)
• Experience in Python to the extent of delivering the same analysis you could do in SQL and a BI tool
• Empathy and excellent communication skills
• Understanding of best practices in data modelling
• Very strong SQL optimisation and profiling skills
• Deep understanding of how analytical databases work
• Solid experience in software engineering, particularly using Python
• Experience with Exasol or a similar MPP system is a huge plus
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community of forward-thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual discretionary performance bonus (equity)
• All the latest tech you need
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year