Apply For This Job
Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone. From building a new product feature for our commerce platform, to helping a merchant troubleshoot an issue over the phone, we want to empower our ecosystem through our work.
Having a unified vision, a north star, is vitally important to ensure that we are all headed in the same direction. No matter the size or experience, we want to power every merchant’s experience. This is why we’re all here.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations across North America where Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
In your role as a Launch Engineer, you'll be partnering with new Shopify Plus merchants as they come onto the platform. You will work with them to ensure that they have a solid plan and timeline for their site's launch. To support their business processes and initiatives, you'll consult on their e-commerce technology stack, and provide guidance on how to best leverage the Shopify platform and ecosystem.
Once a shop is launched, you will be responsible for a smooth transition to the Merchant Success team.
Projects you could work on:
- Educating merchants on proper store setup (domains, redirects, product taxonomy, building collections, etc).
- Working with merchants' internal and 3rd party design and development teams.
- Consulting with merchants on interesting and complex business system integrations.
- Helping our merchants to convert their store ideas into real and actionable plans.
- Providing documentation & support during the store development phase.
- Liaising with internal Shopify teams, such as the Shopify Plus sales team, the Merchant Success team, Solutions Engineering, and our internal support team.
- Progressing the site status so stores launch as efficiently as possible.
- Providing technical support for our Merchant Success team, and in some cases joining the call between the MSM and their merchant.
Requirements for the role:
- An understanding of commerce best practices, including how to migrate data from other platforms into Shopify
- Experience working in an application ecosystem and integrating 3rd party technologies into the Shopify platform
- A good project management mindset. This is not a true project management role, but does share some skills with it, especially managing expectations and creating agreement
- Strong API knowledge. You won’t need to write code or build an app, but you must be able to understand API documentation, use a REST client and know how to conceptualize an API solution
- A deep understanding of technical strategy as it relates to operating and growing a commerce business
- A curious mind for how things work and what makes them tick, an affinity for helping and teaching merchants, and a constant thirst to learn about the next best thing
- Experience with Liquid - you won't need to make a theme but you should know how to make small changes and what's possible with our themes.
- Project management - in some cases you'll be reviewing formal project outlines from merchants to confirm requirements for a successful site launch
- Data systems and best practices with interfacing with them
- Running your own business. You know what it means to be an entrepreneur and can share your learnings with our merchants
- Building Shopify stores, either for yourself or clients
Closing date: Friday, July 23 at 11:59PM EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Apply For This Job