Apply For This Job
Shopify is now Digital by Design - we are seeking qualified candidates in the Americas for multiple openings.
Shopify is on a mission to make commerce better for everyone. Over the next 10 years, the world of entrepreneurship will change at a fundamental level. Buyers of large and small businesses will expect online experiences that rival the best in-person ones. They’ll expect flexible options for where and how to buy, and newer, faster ways to receive their purchases. It’s an incredibly exciting time for this industry, and Shopify is right at the center of it. The opportunity to shape how commerce works all over the world is in our hands, and we’ve already proven that we can move faster than anyone else. Even still, we’re only part of the way there – to continue building the future of commerce, we need your help.
Shopify is hiring for Product Leads and Senior Product Leads across multiple teams!
Product Management at Shopify is a hands-on role. You’ll work with Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. Product Managers are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They are passionate and entrepreneurial. They have founded their own companies, taken successful products to market, and established a track record of getting things done at scale.
What Will You Do?
We need both craft and people leadership. You are expected to not only develop your team but also further the craft of product management at Shopify. Taking a player coach role, you’ll support your team, hire and grow, and get your hands dirty in the craft of product management.
- We'll need you to identify new problems and opportunities, and work across the company to create scalable solutions.
- You'll lean on your leadership and collaboration skills as you work closely with engineering, data, and UX teams to create compelling technical patterns, design systems, and shared features.
- You'll define and guide long term product strategy, identify merchant problems and turn those insights into products that delight merchants and their buyers.
- You'll define success metrics for your product area, and drive alignment for all product efforts to those measures.
- You'll drive ‘build, partner, or acquire’ decisions for your product area
- You'll motivate and influence key stakeholders, drive buy-in for your ideas, and tell exceptional stories around why and what we should build.
What Do You Bring?
A proven history of success in product management roles. You’ve either grown through the ranks from Product Manager to Product People Manager; or found Product Management early enough in your career to have both shipped products, and led teams to ship products.
- People management experience. You’ve been responsible for performance management, have navigated tough conversations with direct reports, and you feel comfortable supporting Product Managers to achieve their career goals.
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done.
- Experience owning and driving the building and shipping of complex, SaaS products at scale.
- A love of storytelling.
- A genuine excitement for solving merchant problems and a strong sense of empathy for the merchant and their buyers.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Apply For This Job