Apply For This Job
Shopify is the leading omni-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 1,000,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
We are specifically looking for someone capable of creating marketing initiatives with a cross-discipline team, which includes creative development and collaboration across design, development, UX and content design. We’re looking for a passionate, positive, creative self-starter, who can produce quality content packages end-to-end in a collaborative team environment, but with minimal direct oversight.
- Responsible for creating and editing animated marketing and advertising materials
- Ability to work with developers to combine animation with code
- Responsible for amplifying the visual branding of company public image through motion design, products, and promotional material across a variety of digital and experiential media
- Directing and adding compelling motion and animation into interactive projects in addition to creating animatics, motion guides and case studies
- Create motion elements from a designer's initial design layout, or ability to conduct initial design
- Generate stories, ideas, campaigns and thoughts and create compelling visual experiences
- Create and maintain motion graphics-specific templates, instructions, documentation, and best practices
- Provide advanced creative and visual storytelling from conceptualization through shooting and editing
- Maintain best-in-class video production practices and setups
- Oversee productions from start to finish, beginning with initial concept and ending with final video deliverables.
- Develop scripts, treatments, and storyboards
- Actively stay on top of marketing trends, goals and performance indicators
- Capable of handling some high-level budget management including POs, contracts, expenses and tracking
- Expert knowledge in animation and motion graphics and secondary knowledge in filmmaking, design, post-production process, storytelling.
- Experience generating powerful, credible original video content. Producing, designing, animating, and editing video.
- Advanced proficiency in After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator and Figma. Ability to work in HTML5 is an asset.
- Strong understanding of 2D with some 3D knowledge.
- Strong storytelling and storyboarding skills
- You live at the intersection of marketing and user experience, and understand how to take people on a complete journey, end to end.
- Good understanding of typography and composition. Capable of producing assets rapidly if necessary.
- Ability to keep pace and adapt to the latest technology and social media best practices while constantly learning and improving
- The ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment, always thriving on change
- Exceptional ability to collaborate on motion design projects and integrate feedback
- Experience working on set and with a video production crew a benefit.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Apply For This Job