Apply For This Job
Shopify is the leading omni-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 1,000,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
Shop is on a mission to change how we shop. From the fastest checkout experience in Shop Pay to all-in-one order tracking and easy ways to find and shop local brands in app, Shop is making shopping better one step at a time for both shoppers and the merchants they buy from. Having launched less than a year ago, Shop is already one of the top 5 apps in North America and we're just getting started.
We're looking for a Sr Marketing Designer to join our team as we turn Shop into one of the most beloved products and brands in the world. We want shoppers to be able to develop meaningful connections with the brands they love, and we believe that Shop is the answer to helping them build relationships with all the merchants we love and support at Shopify.
As a Sr Marketing Designer, you’ll take the lead on design projects of varying scopes and complexities and are comfortable collaborating with cross-discipline teams to align on strategy, drive creative vision and exploration all the way to the final build. You’ll work closely with your marketing counterparts to shape our campaigns, grow the number of buyers and merchants using our Shop offerings, and increase our brand's reach. The ideal candidate is passionate about design, building a nascent brand, thrives in a fast-paced and agile environment, and has a positive, roll-up-your-sleeves, and get-it-done attitude.
- Evolve the brand and user experience, optimizing the effectiveness, and improving the customer journey across marketing properties & activations.
- Work with cross-functional teams including developers, product managers, marketers, product researchers, and design teams (content/visual/motion) to drive design vision, strategy, and storytelling that meets the needs of our customers.
- Apply strategic thinking to visualize ideas and concepts and communicate them effectively and compellingly through impeccable design.
- Agile design approach and collaborative model, thriving in a fast-paced environment, adjusting quickly to pivots, shifting priorities or timelines.
- Be an active collaborator, receptive to feedback, participating in design critiques and reviews across design and UX teams.
- Champion innovative design, establish brand standards, evolve guidelines and the marketing design craft within your team, as well as the broader multi-disciplinary team.
- Help the entire team grow and become more effective by pairing and collaborating with other designers, sharing insights, new tools, and best practices.
- A keen eye for good design and attention to detail.
- You live at the intersection of marketing and user experience and understand how to take users on a complete journey from discovery to adoption and success through visual storytelling.
- Expert knowledge of the end to end iterative design process, including how to develop and use personas, journey mapping, content strategy, art direction, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals.
- A proactive and curious approach to design, constantly learning and growing your craft, and helping to uplift the entire team by sharing insights and resources.
- Adept at synthesizing inputs and feedback from various stakeholders and team members in an iterative manner.
- Knowledge and familiarity with a data-informed approach to design -- you’ve used tools and resources needed to measure the success of design decisions (A/B testing tools, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working with cross-functional teams and partners including development, product management, marketing, and research.
- Empathy for the user and building for everyone to ensure long-term success. This includes, but is not limited to, accessibility, internationalization and localization, browser and device support.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale, anchoring all in strategic objectives.
- Proficiency with design & prototyping tools: Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (PS, Illustrator, After Effects), and basic knowledge of HTML and CSS to interface across teams through builds.
- Systematic thinking, building scalable design systems that can respond to the needs of a global audience and continuously grow and flex the Shop brand aesthetic across channels.
- An understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making with marketers, content designers, developers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and other disciplines.
NOTE: Please submit a portfolio of design work alongside your application.
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Apply For This Job