Senior Software Developer, Back End (Payment) - Remote
About the Role
As a Senior Software Developer, Backend on KOHO’s Tech and Engineering team, you will be a strong contributor in the KOHO payment ecosystem and work with other developers to help define and implement processes. You will be working as part of a cross-functional team and driving our core features from start to finish.
Our teams have a large degree of autonomy and ownership and we’re looking for someone with a high level of initiative. This is a fast-paced outcome-oriented environment! We are looking for collaborative-oriented developers like you who are always eager to learn and help other developers grow. Excited yet?
Please Note: This is a remote position based in Canada that is available to those who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
What You'll Be Doing
- You are an ambassador for KOHO and live the company’s five Values
- You will guide the technical strategy for your direct team and the broader department
- You will be participating in rotating on-call duties, including incident management
- You will create technical designs for KOHO’s new features
- You will be mentoring and educating other developers on the team and accelerating their career growth
- You will be owning the production operation, monitoring our system, and helping define SLAs
Who You Are
- You can challenge the status quo through research and introduce new tech to the team
- You are solution-oriented - you identify problems, own them, and improve them!
- You can communicate complex technical issues in a concise and effective manner
- You thrive on collaborating within the tech team and other departments
- You can work independently and effectively without clear requirements or supervision
- You know how to find the balance between quality and speed
- You know how to monitor and observe the performance of your system in a production environment
- You understand microservices architecture and distributed systems
- You have experience Experience with iso 8583 Gateway and Mastercard/Visa direct connection
A bonus if you have any experience or interest in any of the following!
- RESTful APIs, Docker, or AWS
- Experience in fintech
What's In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up.
• Remote First - Work from anywhere in Canada with a budget to set up your home office
• Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget.
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact email@example.com and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.