Senior Software Engineer (FE)
Eventbrite is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join us in our mission to bring the world together through live experiences. Last year alone, our platform processed over 150 million tickets across over 3 million events organized by our creators. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build features, design APIs, and scale our product as we grow.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and committing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software. Our technology spans across web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
Our engineering teams own their services and systems end to end from requirements gathering to deployment to maintenance. Team members follow an on-call rotation to ensure any issues are mitigated immediately and root causes are rectified.
We are looking for motivated software engineers to join our frontend team in Spain. You will solve challenging technical problems, own your products end-to-end and help take the company to the next level. This isn’t just an opportunity to join an amazing team, but also to have an impactful role in the way we take our platform to the next stage.
We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback… and our people love it. Come find out why!
- As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Eventbrite, you will build beautiful, responsive, delightful and intuitive user interfaces that people are excited to use every day while pushing the technological envelope with novel architectural advancements
- In addition to improving the quality and effectiveness of frontend engineering at EB, Senior Engineers are responsible for mentoring and leveling up their less experienced colleagues
- Deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility pitfalls and how to work around them
- A track record of working closely with Design teams to build beautiful & intuitive web pages and applications
- Excitement about working in an environment where you are expected to make a significant and visible contribution
- The desire to work on a highly visible product that impacts millions of users
- Able to communicate clearly with customers, designers and other stakeholders
- A strong portfolio that displays your passion for delighting users
- Previous experience working with a large engineering team on a complex web application
- Previous experience with build chain tools like Gulp, Grunt, Webpack and Yarn
- Previous experience with visual design techniques like spacing, typography and color
- Familiarity with server-side frameworks such as Django, Express, Rails or .Net or Node.js
- Familiarity with working in a container environment like Docker
- Typescript skills
- Familiarity with Jest, FE Unit/End-to-End Testing
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins/ CircleCI
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
Is this role not an exact fit?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.