Apply For This Job
Shopify Plus provides enterprise ecommerce with the freedom for businesses to grow, adapt, and evolve. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like Rebecca Minkoff, All Birds, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more. We believe our merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen.
This Merchant success team focuses on managing some of our highest profile and strategic merchants. As a Merchant Success Manager on this team, you will develop strong relationships with your merchants, and provide them with recommendations on how to build and implement the right tactics to move their business forward.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being a trusted advisor for our merchants; knowing their business, competitive landscape and championing the work and business-building ideas. You are the merchant’s main day-to-day Shopify contact
- Building strong relationships with merchants and their teams; acting as an advocate for the merchant within Shopify and as an advocate for Shopify with the merchant
- Actively listen to merchants and continually identify opportunities that enable them to better leverage the Shopify ecosystem
- Collaborating with other Shopify teams to recommend, plan, and coordinate, ensuring the merchant receive the best possible experience across Shopify
- Obtaining merchant feedback and identifying problem areas before they become major issues
- Staying abreast of your merchant’s business results, future plans and challenges
- Keeping senior managers informed of any issues affecting the overall health and retention risk related to your merchants
- Ensuring that merchants receive the most intelligent, creative and comprehensive recommendations possible
- Analyzing your merchant’s business needs, identify strategic partnership opportunities, and develop strategies to ensure growth, satisfaction, and retention
- Identifying trends across your merchant base looking for common needs and interests in order to share information with Shopify Product and Support team
Requirements for the role:
- Experience managing multiple fortune 500 level companies
- Background in account management with a strong understanding of how to build strong relationships with merchants and stakeholders at all levels
- Proven communication skills with the ability to set expectations and manage difficult conversations
- Experience developing big picture strategy
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent collaborator and problem solver
- Experience providing customer value and driving retention; you should be customer focused in all that you do
- Strong technical acumen
- Ability and willingness to travel
Please note: We are currently hiring in US West. Please apply if you are West of the Mississippi.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Sarah is looking forward to reading your application.
Apply For This Job