Senior FP&A Analyst
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
Onfido is in hyper-growth mode. That means everyone who joins us today needs to be ready to work in a dynamic environment where they will make an immediate tangible impact at an exciting time for the business.
We’re looking for an FP&A Analyst with 1-3 years of experience building financial models and influencing decision making. You will ideally come from an Investment Bank / M&A Advisory / Financial Due Diligence team / high growth SaaS scale up background to play a very important part in planning for our rapid growth plans. This role reports into the Senior FP&A Manager and will have significant exposure to our experienced Finance leaders as well as the Executive Team.
You'll have the skills to build financial models from scratch, understand key drivers and benchmarks, and the confidence to communicate these clearly to a variety of stakeholders.
As an FP&A Analyst at Onfido you will:
- Build, improve and maintain financial models and presentations for long term business planning and growth opportunities (e.g. Partnerships and M&A) for consumption by the Executive Team and Board members
- Drive continuous improvement in financial modelling and standardisation of processes, including, financial projection, annual planning/budgeting process in line with best practices
- Responsible for identifying trends (with insights) and benchmark versus typical SaaS companies through external and internal research
- Partner with senior leaders across the business to gain insight and inputs / drivers for scenario planning for growth opportunities
- Draw conclusions from financial models to present to the Executive Team
- Ad-hoc Financial performance analysis and reporting
- Have exposure to and learn from experienced and senior Finance and non-Finance leaders
We’re looking for a FP&A Analyst who can display the below skills & experience throughout our interview process:
- 1-3 years of FP&A / M&A / Financial Due Diligence experience, gained in a similar role in a high growth VC / PE backed dynamic scale up business / in an Investment bank or Consulting capacity
- Bachelor's Degree in a Finance related field or CPA / MBA qualification or FMVA certification
- Financial modelling skills
- Exposure to 3 statement financial models
- External benchmark research skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills to Senior Leadership Teams
- Exposure to telling the story of the business through data
- Ability to manage, influence and present to key stakeholders including C-level executives and board members
- Knowledge of the financial reporting and budgeting / planning processes
- Experience using Google sheets, Excel, Google slides
In addition to the above essential qualities, the below are desirable:
- Experience using planning tools e.g. Adaptive Planning / Anaplan
- Experience building P/L or 3 statement long term models
- Exposure to fundraising / IPO process
- Experience of presenting to Executive teams and Investors
- Experience of drafting board decksAn interest in scale up SaaS business model metrics and benchmarks
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.