Junior Data Scientist, Machine Learning
[PLEASE NOTE] This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, which is 7km over the border from Italy and easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano. We are also happy to assist with your relocation to this beautiful part of Europe and we have a hybrid remote working policy.
At Cloud Academy we are on a mission to create the leading platform for organizations and individuals to manage their tech talent. The experience starts with educational products and spans much further with features covering skills validation and intelligence, career management, content creation, and more. It is an ambitious goal that requires a lot of innovation and creative ideas.
We develop a unique SaaS platform that helps enterprise companies and individual users build tech skills at scale, leveraging practice skills and a vast content library we curate in-house, but also a very solid software solution to manage training, insights and goals at scale.
We are currently expanding a dedicated research team within Cloud Academy and are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed Junior Data Scientist who is passionate about applying Artificial Intelligence to real scenarios and developing data-driven applications that will naturally reflect in our products.
The team works in synergy with the engineering and the product team and has active collaborations with universities and researchers.
As a Junior Data Scientist you'll be involved with activities such as the customization of UX through recommendations, skill assessment, data collection and analysis. In addition, the team is also exploring state-of-the-art techniques to extract knowledge from unstructured text and implement models for knowledge representation, reasoning, and Natural Language Generation (NLG).
The ideal Junior Data Scientist will have some industry experience within one or more of the following areas: Natural Language Processing (NLP), Recommender Systems, and Anomaly Detection.
What we’re looking for:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as computer science, statistics, and machine learning.
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms and applications.
- Familiarity with languages for statistical & scientific computing, such as Python, R, and associated libraries.
- Problem-solver attitude, passionate to dig into complex and challenging problems and shipping features that drive users adoption.
- PhD degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, statistics, machine learning.
- Familiarity with recommender systems.
- Familiarity with anomaly detection systems
- Machine Learning applied to the Educational domain.
- Experience with core NLP tasks and techniques, such as text classification, topic detection, named-entity recognition.
- Experience with Natural Language Generation (NLG) task.
- Solid hands-on skills in manipulating, analyzing, modeling, summarizing, and visualizing real data using libraries and tools such as plot.ly, Tableau, and chart.io
- Solid knowledge of Python, in particular the toolkits such as sklearn, pytorch, spacy, etc.
- Experience with distributed version control systems, mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket).
- Experience with Cloud oriented technologies, in particular with managed Machine Learning Cloud services.
- Good communication capabilities.
Who you are:
- You have an innate interest in education. You’ll be motivated by the idea of being part of a force for bringing tech skills to millions
- You will be hungry to join an exciting Company. You’ll get excited about the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and digging into your work.
- You’re humble, collaborative and respectful as a team player.
- You positively contribute to Cloud Academy as a team. You’re supportive and see success as team success.
- You're committed to exceeding expectations, boundaries and excellence. You demonstrate passion and you’re willing to go the extra mile.
- You take ownership of your deliverables. You take responsibility and you’re proactive in identifying solutions.
Why Join Cloud Academy?
- We are an exciting scale-up in the digital training space, and this is a great opportunity to work within a mission-driven, lively & diverse team in a fast-paced and high-growth environment.
- Competitive compensation with an annual bonus potential
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development
- Budget for professional development and a Learning & Development culture
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year plus 17 paid public holidays per year
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Hybrid remote working policy including 1 month a year of remote working from anywhere
- Relocation bonus
- Health Insurance Enhanced
- Family Leave policy (maternity leave/paternity leave)
Equality & Diversity
- We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-econimic background, neuro-diversity, education, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.