Account Executive - Spain (Remote)
PLEASE NOTE: This position is 100% remote for candidates based in Spain with annual trips to the Swiss HQ in Mendrisio (travel expenses are covered by the company).
Cloud Academy is changing how large enterprises assess, develop and retain top tech talent in their organizations. As the world goes digital, tech skills and people make the difference between companies that will be here in 5 years or not. We develop a unique SaaS platform that helps enterprise companies to build tech skills at scale, leveraging practice skills and a vast content library we curate in house, but also a very solid software solution to manage training, insights and goals at scale. Our customers are Fortune 500 companies that are changing the way they think about digital and the way they take care of their tech people.
Cloud Academy is looking for a highly motivated, over-achieving Strategic Account Executive to expand our enterprise customer base in Spain. In this role you will be responsible for defining and executing commercial deals in this region, working closely with our sales and marketing organizations to position our solution and close successful deals in this part of Europe.
The ideal profile is someone with solid experience in startup-environments in a growth phase ($10-40m in Annual Recurring Revenues) or in larger organizations selling into the enterprise. He/she should have the polish and experience to meet C-level face-to-face and the attitude of a trusted advisor.
You will be the first point of contact and the first person selling our software platform in these markets: flexibility, passion for technology and a basic knowledge of SaaS will be fundamental for you to succeed in this role. As a Strategic Account Executive you will spend your days studying companies and institutions in your market and understanding their needs in terms of cloud technologies and tech skills.
In this role you will need to be confident in sourcing and connecting with medium and large organizations doing research and learning about their goals, their ability to use and scale with cloud technologies and their future plans. Part of your responsibilities will be to provide full demos of our enterprise solution and work with your prospects and the rest of our team to successfully onboard new customers.
We are looking for a person that has a high level of autonomy and execution and who is capable of being creative enough to get in touch and select the first potential targets. You will be supported by several departments and executives across the organization but you will have to rely on your experience, skills and ability to execute to thrive in this markets.
What you will do as the Strategic Account Executive:
- Study, research and map the top potential prospects in the Spanish and Portuguese market
- Drive top-line revenue growth through new customer acquisition and expansion of our current Strategic Account footprint.
- Utilize the Cloud Academy software sales process and methodology to manage complex sales pursuits
- Learn to demo, explain and use our software platform and stay up to date with new features and major updates
- Complete Cloud Academy’s in-depth onboarding and sales training to become an expert in our platform, messaging, products and services, and unique sales approach
- Leverage partners and existing customers in your territory to support sales efforts
- Manage large complex relationships with our most strategic prospects and customers.
- Adhere to all Cloud Academy policies, standards and procedures in the performance of job duties
- Meet your sales quota as well as other metrics used to manage the business
- Participate in cross-functional teams including marketing, product, content and engineering teams to deliver outstanding results
- 3+ years experience in the Software as a Service (SaaS) industry within a sales role.
- Native Spanish language speaker and native or fluent speaker in English (Portuguese is a big plus!)
- New Business Development. Demonstrated ability to find or create new logo opportunities. Proven ability to grow a robust pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Ability to be recognized as a true team player internally in the company, and trusted business advisor externally.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills when dealing with different stakeholders, from line managers to C levels.
- Predictability and accurate forecasting capabilities using Salesforce.com
- Proven track record of growing a customer base and consistently exceeding revenue targets and company goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying customer needs
- Have a competitive edge and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong use of insights and data-driven decision making to inform the sales process
- Ability to perform advanced internet research, leveraging value added databases on your own
- Ability problem solve, adapt, and grow quickly as we build the sales organization
- Extremely proactive and upbeat with strong organizational skills
- A deep knowledge of Social Networks (especially LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level of education
- Knowledge of the cloud computing industry, top vendors (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud and more) is a strong plus for this position.
- Passion for technology and cloud-related skills is a strong plus for this position
- Competitive salary with an uncapped commission potential
- Budget for professional development
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development
- Bi-annual trip to our Global Meeting in Italy/Switzerland and an annual Team Building trip with your department (location varies)!