Apply For This Job
Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone. From building a new product feature for our commerce platform to helping a merchant troubleshoot an issue over the phone, we want to empower our ecosystem through our work.
Having a unified vision, a north star, is vitally important to ensure that we are all headed in the same direction. No matter the size or experience, we want to power every merchant’s experience. This is why we’re all here.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations across North America where Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere.
- Support the implementation, integration, and operations of Shopify’s advertising technology stack (Ad server, Demand Side Platform, Bid MP)
- Collaborate with internal paid media teams and advertising channel owners to ensure ongoing improvements to stack functionality and maximize its adoption across teams.
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams to maximize opportunities for greater marketing automation, media optimization, and in-platform reporting.
- Enhance our Google Marketing Platform integration framework through systematic improvements to the cross-platform data-flow, as well as executing instrumentation improvements to ensure a best-in-class GMP framework
- Collaborate with internal data teams and ad tech partners to maximize our leverage of data clean rooms (e.g. Ads Data Hub) to build a privacy-compliant marketing segmentation and measurement framework.
- Collaborate with the performance marketing team to ensure external marketing/advertising partners are aligned on working towards our long-term growth roadmap and address any deviations/course-correct as needed.
- Collaborate with the Ad Tech Manager to identify macro trends in measurement and segmentation across the paid media landscape; establish a knowledge center to elucidate to internal teams its expected impact on channels, assist with migration roadmaps, and document results.
- Collaborate with the Ad Ops team on all cross-channel marketing measurement initiatives and effectively leverage the ad tech stack to maintain a full-funnel view of merchant acquisition
- Work with instrumentation and engineering teams to ensure up-time requirements for the bidding, optimization, and measurement signals leveraged by all performance marketing channel teams are met.
- Collaborate with the Analytics community of practice ensuring all applicable business signals and events are dynamically transferred into our ad platforms for reporting and automated optimization.
- Expand the visibility and working knowledge of advertising technology across the organization through presenting and communicating best practices, findings and emphasizing the role ad technology plays for the business.
- Develop and implement processes, systems, and standardized methodologies for ad operations across all platforms/channels.
- Diagnose current gaps in the way our business is deploying and optimizing media while surfacing opportunities for automation or system integrations.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in a combination of AdOps, Programmatic, Search
- Extensive ad operations experience within self-serve platforms such as Display & Video 360, Campaign Manager, Search Ads 360, YouTube, Google Ads, ADH, Adobe Audience Manager (or alternative DMP) Salesforce Marketing Cloud etc.
- Proven track record in managing complex performance marketing campaigns across multiple markets
- Ability to translate business objectives, category/consumer insights and knowledge of digital tools/landscape into integrated marketing solutions, effectively articulating to a skilled team
- An expert understanding of digital acquisition best practices and experience/technology trends
- Exercise a data over intuition mindset and be able to extrapolate actionable insights across multiple reporting sources within a SQL-based analysis environment
Please answer the following questions in the text box which says "note/message to Hiring Manager" -
Q: What elements most impact Paid Search ad quality score?
Q: The latest iOS update limits advertisers to measure how many Facebook standard events through the advertiser’s Facebook pixel?
Q. In SQL, given two tabular data sets - what would be the difference in returned records between a ‘Left Join’ & an ‘Inner Join’ statement?
Q.Comfort level on a scale of 1-5 with the following piece of ad tech? (1 = Never heard of it; 5 = power-user)(If greater than 1 please name which specific one you are most experienced with?)
Tag Management Platform
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time.
This role will be closed Monday 14th June.
Apply For This Job