Outreach Marketing Manager (100% Remote)
At Close, we’re building the sales communication platform of the future. We’ve built a next-generation CRM that eliminates manual data entry and helps sales teams close more deals. We’re a 55+ person globally distributed team, profitable, and building a product our customers love.
Since the company’s inception, content has been the biggest marketing channel for Close. A deep understanding of the needs, interests, and pain points of our customers and audience has made Close one of the leading online authorities on sales and sales processes. Now, we look to increase Close's visibility and further grow organic traffic through link and partnership outreach.
We’re seeking an experienced outreach marketing manager to build and scale our marketing outreach initiatives to build successful partnerships with other brands. The ideal candidate is an expert in all aspects of link building, PR outreach, and establishing long-term relationships with bloggers and influencers in the B2B SaaS & sales space.
You're a highly motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and measures success in terms of the impact your work delivers. You know that a high DR backlink is not always the same as a top-tier contextual backlink, and can assess the value of specific direct brand mentions and three way link exchanges.
The outreach marketing manager will report to the Head of Content and work with them to build an outreach team and lead the hiring efforts for team expansion in the future.
Sound like YOU? We've listed the primary responsibilities of this role below.
Building and growing the marketing outreach function at Close
- Actively measure, manage, and optimize the performance of outreach activities
- Drive high-quality, relevant link growth
- Land guest posts on authoritative sites
- Increase Close brand mentions in relevant media outlets
- Craft succinct, high-quality outreach emails to build valuable relationships with influencers and outlets in our industry
- Develop and execute outreach campaigns, and continuously optimize your approach
- Identify high-value link targets
- Proactively manage relationships, communicate promptly and clearly with all involved parties
- Negotiate mutually beneficial terms when communicating with partners, and ensure everyone delivers on what's agreed upon
- Report on progress, success, and learnings of outreach efforts
- Determine the right mix of activities for a given objective
- Ensure that outreach goals are aligned with the overall marketing strategy
- 2+ years of experience in outreach marketing
- Native English speaker proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable and well-organized
- Understanding of SEO & online marketing
- Experience using outreach & SEO tools like AHREFs, BuzzSumo, etc
- Positive, no-drama, high-energy approach to your work
- Experience and relationships in the B2B SaaS space are a big plus
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Co-working stipend
- Revenue Share (after 1 year)
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 16 countries located in 5 of the 7 continents. We’re a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 17 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.
Interested in Close but don't think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.