Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As a Technical Program Manager in the engineering organization, you will play a critical role in fulfilling the engineering vision to build, deliver, and operate a highly scalable streaming infrastructure and the surrounding product ecosystem. You should be comfortable and experienced in driving and delivering highly complex projects on time. These projects will span multiple teams, functions and geographies.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put the team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment and get shit done!
- Work with stakeholders to drive cross-cutting and/or critical initiatives for the company
- Ensure that we are able to deliver projects on time
- Proactively identify and resolve roadblocks/challenges affecting projects
- Train and help other leaders to become better in program management
- Make technical decisions to keep projects running on time
- Explain technical architecture, decisions and tradeoffs to both engineering and other functions.
- Work with Engineering, Product and Security leadership to streamline and drive our projects on a predictable schedule
- Run cross-functional meetings and drive decision making around schedule adjustments, bug triage and internal and external partner/customer delivery.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience driving complex and massive projects across the organisations
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills to work with both engineering and other non-technical stakeholders
- Experience managing end-to-end lifecycle of technical projects
- Strong technical skills & experience in actual design and development of software projects is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar TPM role.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice
, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.