At Dashlane we believe in leading with employee choice and respect peoples' different needs and preferences. Our interview process follows this same principle. In light of the ongoing pandemic, most people are currently choosing to interview remotely via Zoom. If you have different preferences, we welcome you to discuss them with us and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Dashlane's mission is to make security simple for millions of organizations and their people. We empower businesses of every size to protect company and employee data while helping everyone easily log in to the accounts they need—anytime, anywhere.
Our global team with offices in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by a strong sense of community and passion for improving the digital experience. Over 15 million users and 20,000 businesses in 180 countries use Dashlane for a faster, simpler, and more secure internet.
Dashlane is looking for an experienced Android developer to work on the development of our app. You will participate in building the best password manager and online security app on Android. You have a proven track record of building high quality user experiences and working in a team with other roles such as product manager, designer, data analyst, and QA engineer. You're comfortable putting forward your ideas and have strong passion for delivering the best experience to users.
About the role:
- You'll be part of an Android developers team, who are all passionate about both Dashlane and Android technologies. You'll be assigned to various missions with product managers, designers, quality engineers, and developers from other supported platforms (iOS and web), working together to improve the product.
- We write all new features and refactoring in Kotlin since the official support in May 2017. We use coroutines extensively, as well as several Jetpack libraries. Without blindly following trends, we evaluate new tools early, to be able to decide with a clear plan whether to start using them once they reach maturity. We've started adopting Jetpack Compose and are actively planning to make it the new standard for our UI development.
- Min SDK version 26. Is there something before Android 5.0? While Google states that 24% of the user base is on Android 11 or higher (Jan 2022), we're already at 70% on our own user base. We can use the latest APIs and technology.
- We have a close relationship with Google, which allows us to work on upcoming Android features BEFORE they are announced officially, to be featured during Google I/O (Fingerprint, InstantApp, Autofill API…).
- Our team believes in continuous learning, both internally and externally. We've had developers attend conferences and workshops around Europe, participated in several Google I/O, and encourage developers to spend part of their time writing blog articles or contributing to open source
At Dashlane you will:
- Take ownership of not only the features you develop but many related aspects of the Dashlane application
- Work with your team to develop innovative features, communicating clearly with the team during the development lifecycle, from inception to release
- Maintain and improve the core functionality of our application, looking for ways to optimize performance and improve our UX
- Stay up-to-date with the latest changes for Android and incorporate them into our application
- Work on a complex, feature-rich, and quickly evolving application
- Contribute to the evolution of the team's coding practices, to improve the application architecture and the standards so that it may support the development of new features and the stability of the application.
- +5 years of work experience in Android application development using Kotlin
- Fluent in English
- Interest and knowledge about cryptography and security practices in general
- Deep knowledge of software architecture and development practices
- Interest in product design and implementation of delightful UI elements on Android
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Dashlane:
As a truly international company—founded in France and distributed across France, US and Portugal—Dashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We are committed to hiring a diverse community and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and belongs.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once you’ve sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.